I SAW HUNGER GAMES! I know, I know... I always said I wouldn't hop on that bandwagon. I was staying strong for a while... I could easily look past and ignore all the trailers, posters, and fangirl gossip. But when I was listening to Pandora at work yesterday, this Hunger Games/Internet Explorer 9 ad KEPT. COMING. ON. My first thought was "What the heck does Internet Explorer have to do with Hunger Games?!" But after hearing it 400 times I didn't even care, I just knew this was serious.
So when Andrew and I met for lunch that afternoon, I decided to break it to him. I needed to see Hunger Games! After I did the deed, he literally looked at me. Stared at me. Instantly I was embarrassed and continued eating my cheeseburger with my head down. Then, in ever so sweet Andrew fashion, he said "Well, let's watch the trailer again. Maybe I'll like it." Like a little kid I got so giddy and excited that he was even considering it, I whipped out my cute little phone, clicked the youtube app, and found the trailer for him. We sat there, in In-N-Out and watched the trailer. He was quiet for a sec, then said, "it looks pretty sick... let's see it." He picked me up right after work and we were on our way to the 5:20 showing of "The Hunger Games."
Did you know that movie was 142 minutes long? 142 minutes?! Dude, I am an old lady and can barely sit still or stay awake for a regular film.. let alone a 2 1/2 hours one. Oh, and did I mention that I was surviving on 3 hours and 45 minutes of sleep? Yeah, it was rough. But Andrew and I made a deal that there would be NO SLEEPING and that he had permission to do whatever it takes to keep me awake. This whole "whatever it takes" consisted of stuffing my mouth with candy, scarfing down energy drinks, and nudging my shoulder every 20 minutes. The first half of the film was a struggle, but the second half was glorious. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.
Since last night at 8:00 when we left the movie, I have not been able to stop talking about it. It's embarrassing. But luckily, my dad and brother are "fangirls" (don't tell them I said that) and wanted to know everything about the movie and what I thought. Then I remembered that cute little blogger busy bee lauren is the uuuuultimate hunger games fan and has posted every little detail about the film. I went straight to her blog last night and read everything I could. It was the best. Moral of the story is, although bloody and a little twisted and disturbing, go see the movie. It was great.
Oh PS. Most girls found Mr. Peeta Mellark attractive. I felt differently. He was "cute." Like, wanna squeeze his precious little cheeks cute. But Katniss? She was adorable. This is not a woman crush guys, don't worry. But she is suuuper pretty. I turned to Andrew a few times in the movie and said "isn't she the cutest thing ever?" I'm sure it was annoying... but he responded with, "Yeah, she's alright." Good boy. Althouuuuuugh, I would have allowed him to agree this one time.



No comments:
Post a Comment